Circuit Bent Texas Instruments Speak & Spell
Experimental Droning Aleatoric Noise Talking Synth
Here we have a custom circuit bent Texas Instruments Speak & Spell.
Operates as a totally normal speak and spell until you flip a glitch switch or turn a dial, etc.
Very fun to play, no right or wrong way to it, this bent talking synth is capable of tons of new sounds for you to record, sample or play live.
The mods I've chosen for this unit are very stable, and were developed with many hours testing, these are my own and not based on others mods. It's simple and fun to play.
The mods I've added include:
1) Tone Oscillator button-creates a tone when depressed, the tone can then be manipulated with the theremin pitch cell, pitch dial or pitch body contacts.
2) Active Matrix Glitch-This mod opens up the membrane for random glitching dependent on where you touch the pad.
3) Ramble Glitch-Flip this switch and hit go and it will spew constant ramblings on and on and on and on.........
4) Dual voice glitch- causes it so speak In both a high and low voice at the same time.
5) Pitch Changing Body Contact-Touch this to lower the pitch, the harder you touch the further the change.
6) Pitch Changing Knob-Use this pitch control to change the pitch from incredibly high falsetto to super low, 8-Bit crushing growl.
7) Reset Button-Use this when you're ready for a change and the machine is rambling on its own, also serves as an OFF button.
8) Theremin Opto Cell Controller-Simply flip the switch, use the pitch dial to fine tune and you can play any sound emitting from the speak like a theremin, makes for some great effects.
9) Loop Switch with Advance Button-FLip this switch at any time to catch a sound that you can then mold and play with the other controls such as the opto cell and pitch dial.
10) Strobing LED for cool effect
It now features a 1/4" output jack that mutes the onboard speaker, allowing you can output this into your effects, amp, pa, etc.
These mods add tons of versatility and droning textures for your playing, recording and experimenting pleasure.